Skip to main content

October - A Slam


For ladies out there, all young and old age
For fighters out there, all ready to show grace
For victims out there, fading at snail’s pace
October, dear October be a blessing for the braves

My mother was a beauty, brown hairs black eyes
From head to toe, an example of how to live a life
When she fell ill, I thought it was ordinary
But the doctors concluded what put me through hell

I’ve always admired the way she tied
Her long hairs in a pretty French braid
Then one day she started to hide under scarfs
I was sad, so sad, to see her this bald

I cried every night when I heard her threw up
Couldn’t tell she was same
Cause she gained weight too much

I stood deadpan in hallway of hospital
The night she lost all her potential

It was October, yes October
I prayed and prayed
October, dear October be a blessing for the braves

"Dedicated to all victims and survivors of breast cancer."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Landline Book Review

Georgie trying so hard to keep things at their place realized that she has lost the most beautiful relations she had with her husband and kids when her husband Neal decided to leave for Omaha to visit his family with the kids for Christmas as Georgie had to stay in Los Angeles because something came up on the show she has worked for. Situation got worse. All she could do was to sit in her office while writing and think about Neal and the kids. One day when she found the yellow telephone from which she used to talk to Neal for hours before their marriage things took a magical turn... 

Eleanor and Park Book Review

Eleanor & Park is the story of two star-crossed lovers written by Rainbow Rowell. Rainbow Rowell is one of my favorite writers. The magic she does with words is what every reader craves. She knows how to make her reader connect with the story and make them live it. The story is all about finding your first love and letting yourself get lost in the pleasure of being consumed by it. Rowell in an interview said "I've always, always wanted to write first love story. I feel like, when you're 16, you've the greatest ever capacity for romantic love. You fall in love with every cell of your body. But at the same time, at that age, you've so little to offer the person you love. You don't belong to yourself quite yet - you still have school & your parents, your own space - and you also know that what you're feeling probably won't last. First love usually doesn't. There's a built-in tragedy to falling (truly) in love when you're 16.It's ...